Thursday, 20 March 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Review: Destination Beauty

What do you get when you sign up with Ipsy?

For $10 a month (plus shipping for some; $4.95 for me), subscribers receive a Glam Bag with samples and full-sized beauty products which are unique to them and the profile they filled out when they signed up! You don't know what you're getting ahead of time. The only thing you know is that it follows a theme. This month's theme was Destination Beauty.

What I got:
Nicole by OPI
Roughless

Cost: $10.99

Thoughts: I love this shade and I'm fine with the rough texture of it.

Be a Bombshell
Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad

Cost: $14.99


Thoughts: I love receiving makeup pallets in my Ipsy bags but I'm not sure about this shade. My eyes are blue/green so eyeshadow colours in that shade don't go so well with my eyes.

bareMinerals
Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready

Cost: $5.00


Thoughts: I've heard that bareMinerals is a good brand so I was happy to try this. The colour was really nice and it actually lasted for a while. I liked this product.

Klorane
Smoothing and relaxing patches

Cost: $6.00


Thoughts: I know it's hard to see what this is from the picture; sorry about that. Basically, they're under-eye patches. "Dark circles and puffiness are visibly reduced and the eye contour looks fresh and bright. Cool patches in refrigerator before use to increase effectiveness and enhance its refreshing effect."

I was disappointed that we only received two packs. You can't really see a difference with just two patches.



The whole Glam Bag, with the bag!

I didn't like the look of this bag but at least the contents were pretty decent. I was really disappointed that we only received four products in this bag when normally we receive five. Hopefully we'll get five next month!

Total cost of contents of bag: $36.98
How much I paid: $14.95
Savings: $22.03

Interested in getting your own Ipsy bag? Use my refferal code here!

15 comments:

  1. That eye shadow looks so great! I got the lip stick too :)

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get 6 next month!! It's too bad you can't choose samples, or at least one per month that you're really excited to try !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few Nicole OPI nail polishes and really like them. I have to admit that I'm not crazy about that eyeshadow quad. But maybe it looks amazing on? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NOT get the nail polish but got... oupsss! forgot I got instead!! I haven't tried the eye shadows yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that shade of nail polish!! Cute for spring coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lipstick and the nail polish. My sister in law just started getting a bunch of beauty boxes including Ipsy. I have been thinking about signing up too but haven't committed to anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want a photo with the fun lipstick on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nail polish is a pretty shade & normally I'm not a fan of textured polish but it looks pretty! I can never decide if I want to subscribe to any of the beauty bags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lip stick and nail polish! I have pesky bags under my eyes and would love to try those patches but agree that 2 wouldn't really reveal their efficiency. Oh well. I have brown eyes and wouldn't really know what to do with those colors in that palette! I'm boring and stick to neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boyfriend just gifted me ipsy for a year starting next month for our anniversary! I currently have birchbox (which I think you saw my review the other day!) and I was sooo disappointed this month. Womp Womp I guess it happens sometimes, but it still sucked. That lipstick looks amazing and I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the color of that nail polish but I've tried the textured thang before and it drives me nuts for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Save the eyeshadow pallet for Halloween or something. That blue is super eighties!

    The lipstick looks super cute! I agree with Brooke Lyn post a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh see, this one I would have liked! The lipstick is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are such odd eyeshadow colors.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
    He cast spells for different purposes like
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dream
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) HIV/AIDS CURE
    (10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

    Contact him today on: traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!