Monday 29 April 2013

Oh Hey Weekend, Where'd You Go?

"You got my heart, don’t know how you did it;
And I don’t care who sees it babe,
I don’t wanna hide the way I feel when you're next to me."
- Ariana Grande; The Way
Another weekend just flew by! So let's get to the recap!


Saturday. Finally got a haircut and chopped off more split ends. I was a blonde a couple years ago and my hair is still feeling the repercussions from it. It's finally starting to get healthy though!


Andrew and I spent the rest of Saturday together. We grabbed a bite to eat a pub downtown, then we went to see a 'Race'; a play by David Mamet.

If you can appreciate law, this is a play you'd enjoy. As a graduate from the Law & Society program, Andrew said he loved it!

Delicious cupcake!
We got a couple of drinks before the show and noticed this bad boy. It looked delicious so we asked what kind of cupcake it was. I can't remember what they said was on the inside, I just know it was alcohol. And the icing? Bailey's. So good!

I'm sure there's some rule about not being allowed to take pictures in the theater.
Meh.
As we waited for the show to start, we did what any normal couple would do. We took pictures.

Misty's favourite park!
Sunday. We picked up the furball and spent the day with her. We also got an awesome bookshelf that Andrew found off Kijiji (which I should have taken a picture of) and then spent the night at our house with some friends.

Waiting for daddy; who is getting said bookshelf.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Perfect date weekend!!! Furball is the cutest of course. I love your hair! I'm trying ti picture you as a blond. I'm not sure whether highlighting my hair blond has made it happy or sad. Um, a cupcake? Yum. One of my weaknesses...plus Baileys, cant go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That cupcake looks divine! Seems like you had a great weekend, just stumbled upon your blog and you have such cute posts!

    All in a Soiree
    Be sure to Like All in a Soiree on Facebook
    Sparkles of everything design and events!

    https://www.facebook.com/AllInASoiree?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feeling after you get your hair cut! My hair is so abused from flat ironing it all the time, that my ends get so damaged!

    Looks like a great weekend ( :

    http://shakesparkleroll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you were a blonde! I abuse my hair on the reg but am slowly trying to get it back to being healthy. I don't think I can give up the blonde though haha. That cupcake looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a play. Isn't that terrible?! I really need to join the club!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair is exactly the same way. You and Andrew both look so nice in the top photo. What a great picture of the two of you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your haircut is so pretty! Looks like you guys had a nice weekend. Haha I love all the little picture captions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alcohol cupcakes? yum haha. I love your hair! It looks beautiful! So shiny.
    I have seen two plays in my life. The Little Mermaid and The Wizard of Oz.
    I think we all forget just how wonderful they can be!

    Glad you had a good weekend, my friend! XOXO Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Your date night looks like so much fun. Love your hair cut, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum!! that cupcake sounds wonderful! an alcoholic cupcake :)
    you look beautiful - love the photos of you and andrew! and love that you snuck photos even though there may have been a rule. i'm such a photo sneaker! :)
    i hope you're having a relaxing night, alex! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get my split ends cut off ASAP.. Your hair looks so healthy, I'm jealous!! & that cupcake looks & sounds soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend! And that cupcake looks and sounds DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to get a haircut SO bad! My ends are gross right now. Your hair is shiny and looks healthy! That cupcake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!