Thursday 11 April 2013

April Ipsy: Pretty in Pink - Review

I kept reading about all these fun Glam Bag's and finally decided to sign up for one.

The company I chose to sign up with was Ipsy. Yesterday, I received my first Glam Bag in the mail!

So what do you get when you sign up with Ipsy?

For $10 a month (plus $4.95 a month for shipping to me), subscribers receive a Glam Bag with samples and full-sized beauty products. You don't know what you're getting ahead of time. The only thing you know is that it follows a theme. This month's theme was Pretty in Pink.

What I got:

Sation Nail Lacquer (aka. nail polish)

Colour: Love At First Byte

Cost: can be found on Amazon.com for $5.00

Thoughts: I used the nail polish and I actually liked the colour. It's plain and simple which suits me.

Be a Bombshell Blush

Colour: Sweet Cheeks

Cost: $16 from beabombshellcosmetics.com

Thoughts: I was disappointed to get blush. I don't use blush; my cheeks are red enough as it is. On my Ipsy portfolio, I indicated that I don't want blush, so I'm not sure what the point of filling out the portfolio is.

MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadow

Colour: Earth

Cost: $14.95 from MicaBeauty.com (click here for the website and a better picture of the product)

Thoughts: I was happy to get the mineral eye shadow instead of the duo eye shadow (which some people got). I haven't tried it yet but I heard it stays on longer.

Sexy Hair Soy Renewal .85 fl oz

Cost: $12.99 off of eBay (for the .85 fl oz size)

Thoughts: I was hoping to get the other hair product they were giving out this month: Sexy Hair Powder Play

Powder Play is amazing. I've also run out of dry shampoo and could have used Powder Play as an alternative. Fortunately, Ipsy provides subscribers with a discount ($5 off a purchase of $25 or more of Sexy Hair products at ulta.com).
The whole Glam Bag, with the bag!

With the exception of the blush, I was pretty happy with what I got. I know some people didn't like the pink theme but I had no complaints. I'm excited for next month's already!

Total cost of bag: $48.94
How much I paid: $14.95
Savings: $33.99

Score!

Linking up here and here

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great deal. I've never heard of Glam Bag, and now I want in! Pity I missed the pink month, though. Pink happens to by my favorite color.

    Cheers!
    Natashya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo everything looks so pretty! I'm always seeing these type of subscription beauty boxes around the blogosphere, maybe I'll try one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polish looks super satiny. It's pretty.

    I'm visiting today from Linkin' w/my Ladies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Here from the Linkin' with my Ladies Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm now following you via Bloglovin' and GFC! Feel free to visit my page; you can find me here:

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this!!! That's some awesome stuff. The bag in general is really cute! I love the colors! I don't use blush either so Id be right there with you! Totally going to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I've always wanted to do one of these but just keep forgetting about it. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um , that looks like an amazing bag! love seeing all the awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received all of the same stuff in my bag except I got the Big Sexy Powder for my hair! It was a great bag this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... this sounds like such a better deal than birchbox. I might have to sign up for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi girl!! Thanks for coming over to my crazy blog and liking it! I am following your blog and love it. I could get lost for days reading it. :) I love this post because I wanted to sign up for a box, but there are so many options out there (Birch, Ipsy,etc). I love what you got. I am for sure signing up for Stride Box (if you like running...all healthy stuff geared towards running), but I also wanted to sign up for another box. I think I might have to get Ipsy a try. Do you get the box in the beginning of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep telling myself I need to get Ipsy! How fun to receive makeup and beauty products every month. The polish is such a pretty color! I'm sorry they gave you blush when you requested otherwise! I'm gonna have to hint to the Mr. about Ipsy! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!