Sunday 3 March 2013

Why Are Weekends So Short?

"Settle down, it'll all be clear.
Don't pay no mind to the demons,
They fill you with fear.
The trouble it might drag you down.
If you get lost, you can always be found.

Just know you’re not alone.
Cause I’m going to make this place your home."
-Phillips Phillips, Home
Another weekend has come and gone. Where does the time go?

Andrew and I had a blast from the past this weekend. We went to a party that an old friend of mine from high school was having. There, we ran into other people I went to high school with (who he actually went to middle school with. It's funny because Andrew and I didn't actually meet until university, despite knowing many of the same people and living a few blocks away from each other for a few years). It was interesting to see where they had ended up in their lives. Let's just say, we're both grateful for how our lives are now (being geeky does pay off).

Oh, and I finally signed up for driving school! I had my first class on Saturday. It was actually fun! I'm excited to take more and finally get my drivers license.

I used my slow cooker again this weekend (I love that thing). Yet another Kraft recipe: Chicken Curry. It was pretty good. Mine definitely didn't come out looking like Kraft's did. Did they photoshop their chicken? I wouldn't doubt it. Was it good? It was decent. 3.5 out 5 stars.

My Chicken Curry and Kraft's photoshopped Chicken Curry.
That and/or they added way more cream cheese than recommended

In case anyone is interested, here's the recipe:

What You Need


10 bone-in chicken thighs (2-3/4 lb./1.2 kg), skin removed*

1 jar (650 mL) thick and chunky salsa**
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 cup (1/2 of 250-g tub) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread

* I used 9 chicken thighs
** I used one jar of Tostitos Medium Salsa (430 ml). It still made more than enough sauce at the end

Make It 

PLACE
chicken in slow cooker. Combine next 3 ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).
TRANSFER chicken to platter; cover to keep warm. Add cream cheese spread to slow cooker; whisk until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Spoon over chicken.

Source: http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-curry-125534.aspx

2 comments:

  1. yum! i love curry! anything spicy, really! looks so good (and i'm sure they photoshopped their chicken. lol).
    thanks for sharing the recipe! i hope your week is off to a wonderful start. <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Honestly, it tasted more like a wanna-be butter chicken. I think that's because of the cream cheese.

      Hope your week is going well too! :)

      Delete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!