Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Hallmark Holiday!

"Your hand fits in mine, like it was made just for me / But bear this in mind, it was meant to be."
- One Direction, Little Things
Ah, Valentine's Day. Yet another commercialized holiday brought to you by retailers everywhere.

Valentine's Day has never been a day of the year that I've been excited to "celebrate" (nor, have ever made an effort to). After talking to friends about their Valentine's Day plans (and gifts they plan to give their loved ones), I started to see why some people enjoy the hype. Then I thought about it: it's not fair to punish my better half just because I think Valentine's Day is stupid. So, I went out and put together a little something something for Andrew. He'll find out what it is tonight. /smiles

Last night, I bought a couple cupcakes from Prairie Girl Bakery to surprise Andrew with (as part of the Valentine's Day spirit, of course). I got one regular size Carrot Cake Cupcake and two mini Red Velvet Cupcakes (both topped with cream cheese icing). Andrew and I each had one of the mini cupcakes and we both took a couple bites of the Carrot Cake Cupcake. Boy, were they good! But, I don't think my stomach agreed. Shortly after taking my third bite of the Carrot Cake Cupcake, my stomach was in knots. It stayed that way for the rest of the night. I'm pretty sure it went into caloric overdrive and was pissed off at me for eating so many sugary calories in one sitting. Needless to say, neither of us could finish that last cupcake and it's now sitting in our fridge.

In other Valentine's Day related news, my office building also got into the Valentine's Day spirit. This morning I was greeted with chocolates and a rose (as well as a guy singing love songs).

Pretty roses!

Definitely a great way to start the morning!

Happy Hallmark Holiday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great start to the notorious valentines day!

    I can't eat too many sweets. Especially sweets that are so rich like cupcakes. Makes me feel sick too.

    Happy camel times day. This was a typo I once typed out. So now I'm keeping it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!