Wednesday 19 December 2012

Review: Lancôme 'Flash Bronzer' Oil-Free Tinted Self-Tanning Face Lotion

In my desperate attempt to mask my pasty white skin, while still protecting myself from the damaging effects of the sun, I have become fascinated with using sunless tanners. In my attempt to find the one that works best for me, I've decided to share my journey with all of you. This, of course, is in the hopes that it will at least benefit someone.

I promise to still write regular blog posts, which will be introduced with a quote from a song (or elsewhere). There will be no quote for the reviews though, which will just get straight to the point. 

Lancôme 'Flash Bronzer' Oil-Free Tinted Self-Tanning Face Lotion
Stars
: 2/5
Price
: $39.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart


I had been using full body sunless tanners for a while, but with the cold weather right around the corner, I decided to try one just for my face. After all, I generally don't expose my bare legs to negative weather conditions (oh Canadian winters; how I loathe you). 

I was excited to try this lotion. For the most part, it got really good reviews. I also figured "you get what you pay for" so by dishing out more money, I'd get a better quality product.

When I first applied it, I was in love. It goes on dark, so you can see where you're applying it and it blends in very naturally. I was sure this was going to be my new favourite lotion. 

An hour later, I checked my face in the mirror. For one, I didn't see a difference. All I saw were sparkles! Lots of tiny little sparkles on my face. So much for it looking "natural." I definitely wasn't impressed. But, I figured I'd have to give it a few days to really see a difference.

It has been a month now and, truthfully, I see little to no difference with my facial complexion when I use the lotion and when I don't. I still need to pile the bronzer onto my face to make me look "naturally" sun-kissed. 

I'm really disappointed with this product. The smell is great and I love how easy it is to apply, but other than being a good substitute for a moisturizer, it's not a good choice for an expensive sunless tanning lotion. 

Maybe I just got a lemon because most of the reviews I find on this are extremely positive (or, since many of the reviews I've read are from 2010/2011, they've since changed their formula and it's not what it used to be). Would I give it a second chance and buy it again though? Absolutely not.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thanks for making me smile!